- Defeated Lehigh Valley 2-1 (box). RHP Shairon Martis allowed just one run on three hits & one walk over 7IP while striking out two to earn the win. RHPs Zack Segovia & Logan Kensing each pitched a scoreless inning of relief with Kensing earning his 16th save. CF Mike Daniel was 2/4; 2B Seth Bynum was 1/4; 1B Kory Casto was 2/4 with a double & two runs; 1B Matt Whitney was 1/4; LF Leonard Davis was 1/3; and SS Ian Desmond was 1/4 with two RBI.
- Notes – RHP Luis Atilano will head off to play for the Puerto Rican team in the Baseball World Cup (warning: has sound)
- Today – Syracuse RHP Marco Estrada (9-4, 3.40) at Lehigh Valley (TBA) 7:05PM
- Swept by Erie in doubleheader, losing game one 3-2 (box/gamer) and game two 5-1 (box). In the first game, RHP Brad Meyers allowed three runs (two earned) on five hits & one walk over 6IP while striking out six, but took the loss. 2B Jemel Spearman & RF Ricardo Nanita were each 2/3 with a run scored; LF marvin Lowrance was 2/2 with a double & two RBI; and CA Sean Rooney & CF Francisco Plasencia each had a single. In the second game, LHP Justin Jones took the loss, surrendering four runs (two earned) on six hits & a walk over 4IP, though he did strikeout seven. Spearman was 1/3 with a double; 3B Joel Guzman was 2/3 with a double & solo homer; 1B Chris marrero was 1/3; and Nanita was 1/2.
- Today – Erie LHP Jon Kibler (6-9, 4.10) at Erie LHP Matt Chico (2-4, 4.57) 7PM
- Lost 4-3 to Lynchburg (box/gamer). LHP Will Atwood surrendered four runs on seven hits over 4IP with four strikeouts, taking the loss. RHP Justin Phillabaum pitched four scoreless innings of relief, allowing one hit & striking out two. 2B Michael Martinez was 2/4 with a double, run & RBI; SS Danny Espinosa was 1/5 with a double; LF Jesus Valdez was 1/4 with one RBI; RF Michael Burgess was 1/5; CA Devin Ivany was 1/4 with a double & run scored; and CF Boomer Whiting was 0/1 with two stolen bases & a run scored.
- Today – Lynchburg LHP Rudy Owens (1-1, 3.10) at Potomac RHP Trevor Holder (2-2, 8.53) 7:05PM
- Note: For the commenter who asked yesterday, LHP Tom Milone will be starting on Friday night at home against Kinston.
- Defeated Lakewood 4-2 (box). RHP Robinson Fabian allowed one run on three hits & one walk over 4IP in his spot start. RHP Patrick Arnold pitched 2 1/3 innings, allowing a run on two hits & two walks; LHP Clayton Dill picked up the win, striking out four in his two shutout innings. 3B/SS Steven Souza was 2/4 with a double, run & two RBI; 2B Stephen Lombardozzi was 1/5 with one RBI; CA Derek Norris was 0/4 with a walk; DH Travis Reagan was 2/4 with a double & run scored; and RF Michael Guerrero was 1/4 with a run scored.
- Today – Lake County at Hagerstown RHP Paul Demny (3-10, 4.89) 7:05PM
- Split a doubleheader with Tri-City, winning game one 10-5 (box) and losing game two 15-5 (box/gamer). The first game was the completion of a suspended game from 8/23. LHP Paul Applebee started that game, allowing a walk & striking out one over 2IP; LHP Mitchell Clegg started the game yesterday and picked up the win, allowing three runs (one earned) on four hits & one walk over 4 1/3IP with four strikeouts. RHP Dean Weaver allowed two runs (one earned) on three hits in 2/3 of an inning of relief. 2B Francisco Soriano was 2/4 with a double, triple & two runs scored; SS Sean Nicol was 2/3 with a double, RBI & three runs scored; RF Destin Hood was 2/3 with two doubles, a run & RBI; LF Justin Bloxom was 2/3 with a triple, run & two RBI; and CA Ricky Nolan was 2/4. In the second game, LHP Chad Jenkins was torched for six runs on one hit, four walks & a hit batter in just 2/3 of an inning. RHPs Dustin Crane & Shane erb did not fare much better, allowing a combined eight runs (seven earned) on seven hits, four walks & one hit batter over 4 1/3 innings. At that point the Monsters went to postion players Ricky Nolan and Adam Amar who gave up one run on three hits & one walk over 2IP with Nolan striking out three with his knuckleball. LF J.P. Ramirez was 3/4 with two triples & two runs scored; DH Sandy Leon was 2/3 with a double & run scored; Hood was 0/3 with two RBI; CA Dan Killian was 2/3 with a double & RBI; and Soriano was 1/3 with a run & RBI.
- Notes – The fans selected 2B Francisco Soriano as the winner of the 14th annual Tom Racine Award for the MVP of the team.
- Today – Tri-City (TBA) at Vermont LHP Paul Applebee (0-0, 1.74) 7:05PM
- Defeated GCL Marlins 3-1 (box/gamer)
- Today – GCL Marlins at GCL Nationals RHP Taylor Jordan (2-0, 3.63) 12PM
- Tomorrow (if necessary) – GCL Nationals LHP Graham Hicks (3-0, 3.60) at GCL Marlins 12PM
Tragic Number Update
“Eliminated” (8): Yankees, Cardinals, Dodgers, Angels, Red Sox, Phillies, Rangers & Rockies
Remaining Schedule – Nationals
Remaining Schedule – Royals