Who regularly moonlights, has everything to gain from the procurement of an air compressor. The compressed air can power tools, inflating tires, perform painting, etc. Looking for the best air compressor. Keep in the acquisition of a compressor have a few things in mind.
Content of the article:
- Step 1: Compressor with or without oil
- Step 2: Screw compressor or piston compressor
- Step 3: compressor maintenance
Step 1: Compressor with or without oil
You can opt for oil-lubricated and oil-free compressors. The oil-lubricated compressor is cheaper than its counterpart and oil-free compressor for virtually all tasks can be used at home. Please make sure that you check the oil level regularly and the oil now and then refreshed.
Also remember: you work at low ambient temperatures (below 5 ° C), do not choose an oil-lubricated compressor. The oil can thicken with adverse effects on the machine.
The main advantage of the oil-free compressor is that there are no oil residues in the compressed air used. This compressor is also very familiar with specific air processes in the food industry and the medical world (think of the air powered drill from your dentist). But also for the handyman, this system has its advantages. Especially when you use the compressor for paint jobs. Because oil residues in the paint or varnish may affect the final result such.
Step 2: Screw compressor or piston compressor
Both the screw compressor and piston compressor has distinct advantages and disadvantages. For handymen the piston compressor, the most obvious choice, but for clarity, we go deeper into both types. To lead the compressed air for tools, working both systems with convenient shortcuts and flexible hoses.
Most used the compressor, which builds up the desired air pressure via an up-and-down movement of a piston in a cylinder. For low pressures of the compressor consists of a single cylinder. To generate high pressures available are unique multi-stage configurations, but which fall outside the scope of the average handyman.
- Suitable for general applications with varying compressed air consumption and various taxes.
- You can regulate the pressure itself depending on the application. With the help of a manometer, a read on how high the pressure is built up in the reservoir.
- The built-up air pressure can be high with this type of compressors (from 8bar to 30bar and more).
- In this system, provide two screws arranged in parallel which engage in one another for the build-up of the air pressure.
- The structure of the screw compressor is that there is a continuous compression, as opposed to the piston compressor, which builds up pressure only when a compressive movement of the piston.
- This type of compressor is ideal when a permanent consumption of compressed air is required, with no major differences in tax.
- Also, in the production of large volumes of compressed air is the screw compressor economically the most interesting.
- A lower air pressure (up to about 15bar) screw compressor offers the highest return furthermore.
- Vibration-free and quiet operation.
Both systems will also be the contents of the reservoir are important for your choice. Do you need a lot of air in a short time, take the tank not too tight? This will avoid the compressor should start up every now again to create additional compressed air. There are also compressors without a reservoir for easy blow jobs.
Step 3: compressor maintenance
Follow what maintenance respect the instructions of the manufacturer. The important thing is that you get to a compressor with a tank regularly drain the residual moisture through the drain valve at the bottom of the reservoir. This moisture is released when the hot air (at higher pressure also increases the temperature increase) is cooled in the tank.
Check with oil lubricated machines periodically the oil level. The manufacturer usually indicates the number of hours after which you can best change the oil altogether.
Regularly check the air filter of the compressor is still in good condition. Again, the manufacturer gives directions.
Have you done with work, unplug the machine from the wall outlet and the pressure from the reservoir.
That is all basic information you need to know about the air compresser. Hope you find this useful. Good luck with the purchase and the work!